Elementary Teacher Job DescriptionDream Dine Charter School
Dream Diné is a place-based elementary school where the Diné culture, language and history are the foundation of an experiential curriculum. Through a dual-language program, we will nurture strong, compassionate, bilingual young people who are committed to their personal and community health, wellness, relationships and progress.
General Functions: The teacher is responsible for working effectively with students, families and staff, working with teams collaboratively to implement a place-based educational model of instruction, assisting with the dual language curriculum, and is responsible for lesson planning, design, assessment, curriculum development, utilizing hands-on experiential education methodologies, literacy strategies and special education modifications.
Qualifications, Competencies and Strengths
- New Mexico Elementary Teaching Licensure
- Classroom experience with Kinder/1st(early childhood) through 5thgrade
- Has an understanding of/experience with dual-language instructional methodologies
- Has an understanding of/experience with hands-on/experiential educational methodologies
- Possesses collaborative skills and a willingness to work with colleagues in a Professional Learning Community
- Has a desire to learn and grow, and is open to feedback from instructional leaders and colleagues
- Has a willingness to be involved in community activities, events and Family Nights outside of typical school hours
- Possesses technological knowledge/proficiency
- Experience in working with early elementary students in classroom settings
- Recognizes the social, emotional and intellectual developmental needs of early elementary school students and understands appropriate responses
Teacher Duties and Responsibilities
- Interact effectively with students, staff, parents and the overall school community
- Develop lesson plans that draw from the stories, history, geography, environment, science, arts, language and culture of the local community
- Submit lesson plans to the school administrator no later than one week in advance of actual instruction
- Ensure the attainment of learning standards in the English Language Arts and Math using Common Core Standards and in Science using the NM Science standards
- Provide direct instruction as well as experiential, hands-on activities in English
- Provide a safe and effective learning environment for students, staff and overall school community
- Administer quarterly assessments and organize student portfolios to capture individual student progress
- Prepare students for state mandated assessments and assist with providing the assessments
- Collaborate with parents and communicate student’s progress and classroom expectations
- Contribute to the overall school community by supporting school/community programs, activities and events related to school’s vision, mission and goals.
- When working with school support staff, including EAs or Americorps, provide direction, guidance and lesson plans so they may effectively assist students.
- Familiarize self with and regularly use the Frontline Platform and NMTeach for educator growth and development.
- Familiarize self with and follow the NM Code of Ethical Responsibility of the Education Profession, see athttp://220.127.116.11/nmac/parts/title06/06.060.0009.htm
- Practice and model the school values: Baa ‘áhólyą̨́, Baa nitsíníkees, Aka’ ’anilyeed
- Visit the school, which is located on the northwest side of Shiprock Chapter House.
Job Type: Full-time
After School Tutor
Location: Shiprock, New Mexico
Start Date: Immediate
School Mission Dream Diné is a place-based elementary school where the Diné culture, language and history are the foundation of an experiential curriculum. Through a dual-language program, we will nurture strong, compassionate, bilingual young people who are committed to their personal and community health, wellness, relationships and progress.
General Functions: As a tutor, you will assist our students in improving their reading and math skills through sessions conducted at Dream Dine Charter School after regular school hours which would be scheduled Monday through Thursday, from 3:15 pm to 5:15 pm. The schedule will coincide with our school calendar.
Qualifications, Competencies, and Strengths
- High school diploma, Associates degree or college credit hours preferred.
- Familiarity with K-5 elementary curriculum for reading and math
- Excellent reading and math skills and willingness to share your love of reading and math.
- Excellent communication skills, enthusiasm for helping children.
- Ability to work with individual students and small groups.
- Ability to manage students and keep them focused on their learning.
- Creative and enthusiastic when covering lessons, reviewing homework and reading selected material.
- Attention to detail regarding paperwork.
- Dependable and committed
- Background check required
To apply and learn more about Dream Diné School
· Submit a letter of interest with current resume to email@example.com